Did you know having PRINTED PHOTOS of your children displayed in your home can increase their self-worth?!
A study in the U.K. found that 71% of parents agreed that displaying their family’s printed portraits throughout their home improves self confidence. As a result, 90% of those parents state that their children are more aware of their own image because of seeing themselves on the wall.*
A professor at the University of Manchester said that children in particular need to look at photographs as part of the socializing process. This helps them learn who they are and how they fit into this world.
“We cannot underestimate the power of printed photographs to keep us feeling linked to others and give us a sense of belonging. They cement us into our networks.”Geoff Beattie, Dean of Psychological Sciences
When I went to my grandparents’ house in Oshkosh as a kid, I’d always look for my photo on their gallery wall among my cousins.
Photographs make us feel connected to our family and friends. For instance, my husband and I have our wedding photos on canvases in the living room and a lot of photo collages around the house of our family and friends. We love looking at these images, and I’m sure visitors are flattered to see how much they mean to us as well.
So, how can you display images in your home? Here are a few ideas!
- Stairclimber collage. You may think a gallery wall of 8x10s and 5x7s will take up a lot of space on your wall. When you meet with me for your consultation, I’ll show you how tiny these sized printed photos actually are! Look how much more impactful this collage of 10-inch prints, 16×20 and 20×30 prints are!
- Classic triptych. Three huge vertical metal prints make amazing custom wall art. Can you visualize this above your couch in your family room?
This is my favorite arrangement – I have something similiar with my wedding photos in my Green Bay home!
- Wood photoblocks. Handcrafted, European photoblocks come in a variety of shapes and sizes and add an organic hint to any home decor. Personally, I love this beautiful arrangement called Mixed Field that I have on display in my studio. If you follow me on social media, you may have seen how obsessed I am with these statement pieces. These are now available for my clients!
- Personalized photo albums. Beautiful albums make for a family heirloom you can hand down to your children and grandchildren. They also make a pretty coffee table decoration. Linen, leather or suede covered albums feature thick, layflat pages, personalized imprinting and include 20 images! Your children can look at this for years to come.
- Barnwood-framed fine art prints. Who has a rustic, natural decor theme in their house? When I do consults with prospective clients, I ask about their decorating style so I can recommend print products that fit their lifestyle. I often hear the word “rustic” or they describe their floating wood shelves or barnwood fireplace mantel. This is why I’m so excited to offer these gorgeous barnwood frames with paper backing and wire hanger that truly make your family photo a work of art!
Bigger really is better when it comes to custom printed wall art of your family. Therefore, making them the centerpiece of your home will remind you what being part of a family FEELS like. These are heirloom products that you – and future generations – will treasure forever!!
Are you an RPP client?
Order prints or purchase additional digital images from our last session together at 15% off now until March 31, 2021!! Email me for a link to your online gallery! email@example.com
Want to be an RPP client?
Click the link below to schedule your phone consult!
RP Photography is a full-service Green Bay newborn and family portrait photographer. She specializes in maternity, newborns, milestones, family, high school seniors, pet portraits and heashots. Rachael strives to provide an easy, stress-free and fun portrait experience through consultations and personalizing each session to a client’s individual needs.